AboutWho I AmShopContact

9.25.2015

Weak Points

Sometimes it feels like God is breaking my heart. I feel like He's giving me more than I can handle. Recently I feel like Satan has been picking and nagging at things in my life that he knows I long for and desire so much. It's like he knows what will make me fall and how to draw me into his schemes. He's using the very things I desire to draw me farther away from God and get me to sin. And sometimes it works. I fall for it. And when I do I become so disappointed in myself. I should have known better. I beat myself up and feel so guilty inside for my actions. I gave into my desires and put them above what I know is right.

Sometimes life gets the best of us. It draws us in and shows us things we wish we could have. The things we wished for seem to be right at our fingertips and Satan is tempting us with them. He wants us to reach out and grab them, and enjoys watching us fall when they can't sustain us. Sometimes I can withstand when Satan tries to tempt me, while other times I grow weary. I fall in and lose my restraint. I fall for Satan's schemes, sometimes the same ones over and over again. He knows my weakest points and uses them for his benefit.


How often I know I'm being tempted and I still give in because it seems like the easiest thing to do. Doing what is right is so hard sometimes. It's so hard to continually do what is right and not back down. It's so hard not to give in and say no to what might feel good, but to do what is right, especially when everyone else is telling you the opposite. Even though we fall God will still forgive us. He knows we're human and we aren't perfect. It's never too late to get back up again. Seek forgiveness and ask God for strength to overcome next time. Learn from your mistakes.

When I feel tempted I don't go to God often enough and seek His help to remain firm against Satan. I try to handle it on my own and that is often when I fall. Next time you feel tempted and begin to feel the desire for something that you should refrain from, ask God for strength. Seek Him and ask that He will give you the strength to overcome.

What do you need to seek God for today? What do you need strength to overcome? Don't let Satan overcome. Don't let him win. Don't give in to his schemes. Don't let him use your weakest points and deepest desires to pull you away from God. Seek God and ask Him to help give you the strength to overcome and soar over Satan's schemes.

Isaiah 40:31
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I Peter 5:8-10
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment