AboutWho I AmShopContact

5.27.2015

Uncertainty

Have you ever waited for something so long that you feel like you just can't take the waiting anymore? Have you ever felt like you wanted something so bad and you almost could touch it, but it is just far enough out of your reach?

It's hard waiting for God to come to your aid when you are seeking Him. It's hard waiting when the things you are wanting are so dominant in your life. It is hard waiting for the right moment. Sometimes I feel like certain circumstances come along and I feel God leading me, but then things quickly change and it's hard to accept reality. I feel like things never go as planned in my head.


Through my circumstances right now there are some fuzzy areas in my life where I am not sure of the direction they are headed. I don't know what God is using them for in my life. I hate the uncertainty, but I know that when I am uncertain, God is using it to teach me something special. I can use this unsettled time in my life to help me trust in God more. This time is allowing me to strengthen my faith in God and draw closer to Him. If I didn't have the struggles in my life I wouldn't have these opportunities to grow closer to Him and strengthen my relationship with Him.

I like to think of how our life can be compared to a candle- we can do what is easy when life gets hard, we can flicker and blow out with the wind, causing darkness to overtake us, or we can do the hard thing by remaining strong and being a beacon of light for God even when times are rough.

Our life impacts so many around us. Our actions are our message to the world of who we are inside. We should choose what we do wisely so others see God in us. We shouldn't be living like the world does- as Christians we should be different. Others should see a difference in us. They should see through our actions a holy, pure and committed life to God, not ourselves.

Use the circumstances in your life right now to strengthen your faith and not let it blow it out. Let your attitude through your situations be a light to others of a person who is committed to God. Let others see a difference in you. Use your life as a holy and pure example to others of what a Christian should act like. Don't base your ideas of what a Christian should be solely on other Christians, but let God be your role model. Let this time of uncertainty allow you to draw closer to God and lean on Him for guidance. There is hope for those of us who have accepted Jesus into our lives- we have an eternal home waiting for us that far outweighs the burdens of this world.

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:16

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2

May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14


No comments:

Post a Comment