AboutWho I AmShopContact

6.04.2015

Get Back Up Again

Lately life has been crazy, it seems like everyday is a new struggle to get through. The busier I become the more it seems like my time with God is pushed aside. Sometimes when life gets busy or things seem to be going okay I begin to think I can handle things on my own. I am then quickly reminded how much I need God in my life. Without Him there is no purpose. There is no reason to work hard or do a good job without Him as my focus and example. Without Him I can't wake up and find joy even in the worst of situations. Without Him I don't have hope of an eternal future.

Some days leave me feeling empty. I feel like the time spent on various different things was not important or worthwhile. I often feel like I am wasting my time with things that will one day pass away. Sometimes I get so sidetracked with work and trying to become successful and I base my happiness on how much I earn and what others think. Life is more than money or a succeeding business, it is how you use what you are given, the way you treat others and use your talents. I want my job, my money, and my talents to be used for God. I don't want to be the one glorified and praised, but God. He is the one who gave me the talents, job and money I have and I want to give it back to Him. I am not worthy. Without God I wouldn't be where I am. He has blessed me with so much.


Sometimes I grow weary in the things I'm doing and the expectations I'm given. I feel unworthy and often grow disappointed with myself. I beat myself up when I make mistakes and question my abilities. Often in the past I have questioned my worth and didn't feel worthy to be someone else's friend, I always felt like I was a waste of people's time.

Through every dip in the road, when times got hard and those who admitted to be my friend left me just when I needed them most, God remained. He never left my side. Just when I felt like there was nobody who would love me no matter what, God showed me what true love was.

When our circumstances and busy lives get a hold of us we often forget that we have a God who is always there for us even when we forget Him, push Him aside and think we can handle our life on our own. How many times I am struggling with something and I worry and become upset. How many opportunities I have missed of going to God and asking for guidance and help. I know that when I take things to Him, He will do what is best and always hears me. My requests and prayers are never ignored or go unheard.

If your focus has drifted and your relationship with God has ceased, it's never too late to get back up again. God is waiting and He loves you just as much as He always has. He's always been there for you and knows just what you are going through. Take some extra time this week to spend with God and grow closer to Him. When we spend time with God even with our busy schedules, God will bless us for the time we spent with Him. Spend time with the One who will always love and care about you. No time with God is ever wasted.

Matthew 6:6
But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

No comments:

Post a Comment