AboutWho I AmShopContact

4.11.2015

Overcoming Negativity

We've all been influenced by thoughts in our heads. Things people have said to us, about us, or things we have thought about ourselves. Things that bring us down and hinder our confidence. We get a hold of the negative thoughts and let them ruin our self-esteem. Satan often uses the things that we crave the most to draw us the farthest away from God. Things that he knows you will have trouble withstanding just so he can test your faith.

I know from my past there have been so many times that people have said things or implied things that have made me question my worth. Sometimes I don't think they even knew how much it really hurt or how it impacted me. Things that made me question the purpose of my life. I felt so invisible and unwanted. I had let negative thoughts and lies overtake what God's view of me was. It was then that I relied on God. He was the friend that stuck by me when it seemed nobody else did. He showed me what true love really is.



Satan uses all different things to get a hold of us and hinder us from using our life for God. He uses remarks like "you're not qualified" "you aren't worthy" "you are so ugly, who would ever like you?" "you always make mistakes" "you never can do anything right" "you are so unusual" "you are invisible, nobody cares about you." So many negative thoughts that we hear throughout the day that we begin to believe these things are true. Satan also uses lies to deceive us into sin. Even though he may be the one deceiving us, we are the ones choosing to fall into the sin. It's so easy to fall into the ways of the world. I've done it so many times before and let my focus get sidetracked. It's hard being different and not giving into what everyone else is doing.

It's hard to believe what God tells us and listen to His voice instead of the many negative remarks and lies we are thrown with each day. Satan often tries every way he can to get us to fall. He knows every weak point about each of us and where to strike to bring you down. Don't let him win by falling for his devious ways. Stand strong in God and seek His truth. If you have fallen into Satan's deception go to God and seek Him, listen to His voice and not the lies. Overcome what Satan tells you and focus on what God says is true!

Ephesians 6:11
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.

I Peter 5:8
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment