AboutWho I AmShopContact

4.13.2015

God is Near

Have you ever asked God what He was trying to do in your life? what He was trying to teach you? why is He throwing so many things at you to deal with? How does He think you are capable to handle everything?

Lately I have been asking questions similar to these. I feel like there have been so many changes in my life recently and it's been hard to process everything. Some days I don't know how I'll get through the rest of the day. Sometimes it's just taking it one day at a time, or even one hour at a time. It's funny how when I looked to my future a few months back I saw a place where everything was just right and perfect. Looking at what I expected of my life right now, it looks different than I thought. I still have problems to face and difficult circumstances.

Right now it feels like there are lists of worries and burdens in my life. I don't know how I'll have the strength to overcome all of them. It feels so overwhelming. I think because often I feel like I am dealing with them alone. How often I forget that God is right there beside me. Even though things may be hard and I may have bad days, in the end everything will be made right.


Maybe you are going through a hard time now and it feels like the pain just won't let up. Maybe you feel like there are just more burdens being added to the heap you've been dealing with. Maybe it seems like your entire life feels like one big mistake. Even though you may be experiencing heartaches and trials, it is often God's way of wanting us to draw nearer to Him. Think of it as a growing experience. Sometimes the things we learn about God can only be experienced through heartaches and trials. It is how we respond to those circumstances God gives us that truly tests us. We can either grow closer or turn away from Him.

Choose to use whatever you may be going through to help you grow closer to God. It may be hard, it may seem like an unending trial, but God will bring you through if you keep trusting in Him. Seek Him for strength when you are weak- He will be your foundation when you feel like you can't continue on. The weight of the constant burdens we face in this world are so heavy, but when we give them to God He can set us free. When we give them to Him we don't have to worry or be in fear.

Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me. Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment