AboutWho I AmShopContact

9.15.2014

When Things Don't Go As Planned

We all plan out lives for ourselves. We have dreams, aspirations and goals that we want to achieve. We all have things we hope for to accomplish in our lives. But in most cases our lives don't go the way we have planned. Things happen, sometimes terrible things, and it causes our perfect futures to be destroyed. Most people view this as a part of life, which is true, but I believe there is reasoning for all that happens in our lives whether it be good or bad.

Sometimes things don't go the way we have planned so better things can result from our lives. Sometimes the terrible things that happen seem so daunting that we wonder what good could possibly come out of it. In the stages of life that I have faced so far I have come across some dark and daunting stages and I questioned "why God?" But looking back now I can say that through those darkest of nights I truly learned more than in the brightest of days.

Maybe right now in your life your plans are all a mess. The plans you made for your future are scattered and confusing. You don't know where God is trying to lead you or where your life will take you. You wonder when the right person will come into your life that will someday make you feel special and loved. You wonder when you'll find the job that you'll feel content with. You wonder when you will feel like you finally fit in. You wonder when you'll graduate college. You wonder if you'll ever have a friend that truly cares.



Lately in my life I had made so many plans for when I get out of college. Plans for my career and was hoping to do with my career as a graphic designer. Somehow it seems like the plans I had for myself have suddenly all grown into so many questions and concerns that I don't even know where to turn. I feel so confused with where I want to go when just a few weeks ago I felt like everything was all planned out. I hate when things are in disorder and I don't know what lies ahead. But I know that through all the changes and uncertainty in my future God has been teaching me to rely on Him more. Something that I was lacking in my life was God's guidance with my future plans. I knew what I wanted to do with my life and my career and I just took control and forgot about asking God for guidance. Seeing how my plans suddenly grew fuzzy reminded me that I need to always rely on God first and ask for His guidance with my future before I start making my own plans.

It's good to have goals, plans and dreams for our lives- it gives us something to live for and enjoy. I believe God wants us to plan out our lives, but He should be the first one we go to when we are seeking direction. We should ask for His will to be done and not solely rely on ourselves. We fail and are imperfect, but God is perfect and always knows what is best for us. Keep trusting in God and go to Him with your future. Give over your life to Him and He will lead you when the time is right. God's timing and way is always perfect.

 Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
    but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.

No comments:

Post a Comment