AboutWho I AmShopContact

10.18.2013

Can I Just Be Me?

These past few days have been harder than ever. I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I see that I've lost a few followers-probably as a result in the loss of my involvement in my blog.

This past week I've faced some unfair treatment and it really tested my patience and character. It took so much out of me and I truly felt so much anger, hurt and rage inside of me. Something I have not felt for so long. I honestly can say I've never been so truly irritated in my life. The past few weeks I've constantly been faced with this same unfair treatment of someone being favored more than me and in result it has been brought up in my face multiple times. This week I just couldn't take it anymore. I got so angry and upset. I questioned God and what He wanted from me. I needed help and didn't know why I constantly was being tested beyond what I thought I could handle.
morning light
This past week I've been trying and wishing for this person to get back what they deserve. I've been wanting them to fail. I've been trying to show them love when I truly cannot find it within me. I have been holding on so tightly to how they hurt me and I just can't let it go. I've been a person lately that is not me. I've been angry and upset. I don't like feeling this way. I need help setting these feelings and hurts free. I can't handle things on my own. I need God's help to get through and be my strength.

Today I heard this song and I felt like God led me to it to remind me that I cannot do everything on my own. I can't judge others. I can't punish others. I can't be there all the time for someone. I can't be perfect. I can't meet up to everyone's expectations. I can ONLY be ME. I can't be what others want me to be. I can't do harder than my best. I can only be ME. The rest is up to God!

Have you ever felt like you need to meet so many expectations? Do you feel like you've been trying to be a person that you were not meant to be? Have you been trying to look like everyone else? Act like everyone else? Maybe you've been like me and you have been influenced by this world in such a way that it has hardened your heart and it has turned you into a different person recently. Don't let the things of this world change you. Don't let people make you feel inferior or change you into their ways. Don't let the circumstances turn you away from God. Instead let those hardest of hard times lead you closer to God than ever before.

It's always nice to know that there is a place where I can just be me. I can go to God at anytime and He will accept me if I'm in sloppy clothes, hair is a wreck or I have a face full of pimples. It is nice to know that we can open up our hearts so wide to let everything out and He will listen and never reject us. He always knows just how you are feeling and He knows what you are going through when nobody else knows the issues of your heart. Know that you can be the true "You" that God created you to be. Don't be a copy of another person. Be you and be the person God has created you to be. Remember the person God created you to be and let go of the person the world has caught hold of. You can finally break the strong, perfect person you feel like you should be and rely on God. You don't have to be perfect, strong, joyful and relentless all the time. We need God's strength, we can't always hold it all together. Renew your life and relationship with God and reset your view on God. He will make right the wrongs that were done to you. He will accept you and He loves you. He sees what you are going through and be you. Be YOU.

So today's song that I wanted to share was the song I can just be me by Laura Story. I hope you enjoy it!! it was truly the inspiration for this post. click HERE to listen to it.

4 comments:

  1. I am at work...shh...and can't listen to the song. But I am so sorry that you've had such a bad week! You have definitely found the right attitude though. We can only strive to be the best US that God wants us to be. We aren't called to be someone else. Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, haha...I'll keep your secret quiet! :) Aww...thanks for your sweet comment- you truly encouraged me so very much and helped me today! Thanks Jessica!!!!

      Delete