AboutWho I AmShopContact

6.29.2013

Remain Focused

Often I get upset over the things done to me and the ways people treat me. I feel like I am put down and am not important in most people's lives. I'm only there for them to go to when they need something and not just wanted for being myself.

Sometimes it feels like the things I do don't seem to be acknowledged or known by others. Everyone else seems to be well along in their life and successful while I'm just trying to make it through.

We all get bombarded with things that are important to us throughout life, but when we look back most of those things never really mattered. Winning that basketball game, getting the highest award, being the smartest in school, being the principal of a company, having the most money, being the most popular, fitting in....so many things can often be viewed as being good, but they will not get us into heaven nor do they do us any good for our eternal home.

I often get so caught up in the present circumstances- worrying about the future and focusing on things that truly don't make any impact on my life in the long run and I lose my focus of why I'm here and what I should be doing. God knows every single detail of our lives and He sees all that we are going through. He sees our side of things and knows our heart. He takes into consideration all that we are going through and sees things from our outlook while others just see their own side of things.

Remain focused on God and remember the pain and struggles will soon be gone when we will one day live with God in eternity. People may not understand why you do things or see what you do, but God sees the big picture and He understands where you are coming from.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic post Britt! I loved it and it is exactly what I needed to hear right now.

    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I'm glad that it could have encouraged you!!! Thanks for leaving a comment!

      Delete
  2. I definitely needed this too. I get so distracted looking at all of my friends succeed and then there's just me, like you said, trying to get by! But you are absolutely right. We should remain focused on God and don't let the small things distract us from our purpose. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jessica!! Yeah, it is a constant reminder for myself. Glad that you could apply to the post!! Thanks for commenting!!

      Delete
  3. Hi! I really like this post, even though I just stumbled upon your blog. And now I remember you! You made page buttons for my blog. 'Cept, I STILL am finding out how to put them on. Well, anyways, I love your design! I am defintely going to be following your blog often. -Morning

    ReplyDelete