AboutWho I AmShopContact

4.15.2013

Weekly Character Challenge {week 28}

I know I haven't done a weekly character challenge in a while now, and I'm truly sorry!! So, I decided to do one for this week. I have a few topics I was thinking upon over the weekend, so I decided to pick this one.

SATISFACTION. 
What keeps you satisfied with living? 
what leaves you feeling whole and "full"? 

For me it is knowing that others appreciate me and like who I am- basically approval from others I guess. I long for others to love me and like me as a person fully (inside and out). But lately I haven't felt too satisfied in my life- I feel like I'm longing so much for someone to need me or want me. I have to constantly pray for God to be the only one I will ever need. I don't need a boyfriend, I don't need a friend, I don't need someone else to make me happy- I have God. God is all I ever need.

So, if you are feeling like you are longing to be satisfied with something- take a good look at why you are longing for it and determine if it is something that is taking the place of God- if so, maybe it is time to make it a lesser priority.

I know there are a few things right now in my life that I have been trying to take control of and spend less time doing so I can spend more time with God. It is so hard when we want to feel satisfied and we can't find it in the things God has given us. But God has provided the right things for you in your life right now and He knows what you can and cannot handle. He will provide you with all that you need to accomplish His plan and purpose for your life. So, this week be satisfied with all that God has given you and determine where your satisfaction lies.

*************************
Psalm 63:1-5
 You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. 
I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.I will praise you as long as I live,
    and in your name I will lift up my hands. I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
    with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

*************************

No matter what you feel is the main source of your satisfaction, make sure God is the top of the list since He is all you ever truly will need! Without God you would have nothing!

Here's a song that I thought would fit pretty well with today's post- hopefully y'all enjoy it! click HERE to check it out : )

Hope that you all can take something from this for the upcoming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment