AboutWho I AmShopContact

4.26.2013

Do I Need To Be Popular?

There are times where we push ourselves and we want to be popular, accepted, have the most friends; we want to be well known or feel successful. But in the long run things like that won't really matter. I know I have caught myself many times focusing on the wrong things in life. I shouldn't let the amount of friends I have dictate the view of myself. It is good to be well known, feel significant and have friends, but we shouldn't let our focus only be on those things. When we focus on what we don't have we often become discouraged and our self-esteem decreases. Instead, focus on what God has given you. He has given you so very much, but sometimes it takes a little more searching for you to find what really matters.
Into the Forest (by Luziferian)
Does it really matter how many friends you know, or is it better that you are a good one?

Sometimes I look at the people around me and everyone looks like they are well into their life and they know where they are going and what they are doing- while I still feel like I'm searching and I am kinda left out of the loop. It is in these moments when I realize that I've gone through things that others have not- things that may be less noticeable. These things are changes within myself and experiences I have gone through internally, when everyone else's changes are maybe more exterior and noticeable. God has a plan for each one of us. Sometimes we get impatient waiting for things to occur when we have been waiting for so long- but God's plans are always perfect and at the right time. Usually the best things require patience and hard work, so whatever you may be waiting for is probably worth the wait.

It sure is nice to know that when we feel out of place in this world and don't always feel needed that our home is not here- it is in heaven. We will not have to live in a world of competition or sinfulness when we reach heaven. Everything will be perfect and there will be no more rejection or sadness. God doesn't care how popular we are or how significant our lives are. He just wants to use us and have us live for Him. And that is what I want for my life as well. I don't need to be well known, popular, or significant to be used and serve God.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my post and could relate.
thanks for dropping by! Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment