AboutWho I AmShopContact

2.23.2013

Praying Helps!

Do you ever pray for something to happen and you put your trust in God and then throughout the next few days you see Him working? It sure is a neat feeling to see. I often smile at the way God works. Lately I have been praying for a roommate for when I transfer away to college this coming fall, and I was having trouble finding the right one. I prayed about it and I asked Him to bring me the right roommate, since I felt like I was getting nowhere the past few days. Well, today I got an email from a girl I had previously emailed and I felt like I really connected with her and everything she said seemed like we were alike.  Hopefully we will get along and God brought her along to be my roommate....but anyways.....

Our prayers do so much more than we can think. They allow things to happen that we thought were impossible. Some things are totally impossible to do, but with God ANYTHING is possible. So maybe it is time to make praying a bigger part of your life. Instead of just praying before meals or before you go to bed- pray to Him throughout the day to help you in work or school or just in the tiny things. You can see Him work with anything you pray about! : ) It sure does encourage me when I see God working through my prayers.

Sorry this post is kinda short, but it's getting late, so I will just share some quotes/Bible verses I found that relates to the post......

 By Corrie Ten Boom.

 For a world of uncertainty...

 1 Thessalonians 5:17
 <3 believe <3

Matthew 7:7

Prayer 

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you enjoyed the post/quotes!! : )

15 comments:

  1. Great post Britt!

    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post--and I'm glad God is sending the right people for you to meet in college. Remember all things will work together for good!! I will be praying that God confirms and sends the right friends to you in college!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Hannah!! :) aww...you are so sweet. Thanks for the encouraging reminders!!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Britt!

    Those are wonderful verses. I just found your blog, and I am a new follower of yours! I love your posts! I was hoping that you might follow me back at my blog, It's My Life (itsmylifebygrace.blogspot.com). Thanks!

    ~Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, glad you enjoyed the verses!! : ) Aww...thanks! I just followed your blog! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for following me!

      Delete
    3. sure!! thanks so much for following me! :)

      Delete
  4. wow. that is so true. NEVER stop praying. I'm learning that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the verses! Thanks for doing this post!

    *Lindsay*
    www.storiesbylindsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Lindsay!! :) Glad you liked the verses!!

      Delete
  6. Oh thanks, glad you enjoyed the quotes!! Yeah, I need to "really pray" more too!! Aww...thanks, glad that you enjoyed the post. Thanks so much for your prayers- I REALLY appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete