AboutWho I AmShopContact

2.21.2013

Waiting On You Lord

I don't know about all of you but patience is not one of my best virtues. It is hard for me to wait on God and know that He will do what is best. I like having control and know what is going to happen. I hate plans that are uncertain. I like to know what is going to happen and what to expect. Sometimes when we know what to expect it makes it worse though. When we know what the future holds we often get nervous or want to back down. We don't trust God as much and we get fearful.

God tells us to not be afraid because He has everything under control. He knows what He is doing. It is only our job to follow His will and do the best we can to fulfill it. Sometimes it is hard fulfilling His will when we have no idea what His will is for our life. It is then when we should pray that He will allow whatever needs to happen to complete His plan. We don't always know what to do or what His will is, but by praying to Him to show us the way, this will help us to do our part on following Him.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I call on you O God, for You will answer me; 
give ear to me and hear my prayer." 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, we shouldn't just leave everything up to God. We have to do our part as well. Just telling God to "take care of everything" is not the correct way in my opinion to do it. We should do our part- work our best and put in the effort that we can to do what we think is best and according to God's plan. We should be working at what we are doing and also seeking God and asking for His guidance as well.

It is hard being patient during troubling times when all we want is a "yes" or "no" answer. But, part of having patience is also having faith in God that He will do what is best for you. He knows what is best for you and no matter what happens it will all be worth it when you reach heaven. There is so much we cannot see down here that doesn't make any sense, but when we reach heaven the story will "click" and everything will make sense. So, if you are waiting anxiously for God's answer, know that in His perfect time He will reveal His will to you. Have faith that He will do what is best. Pray with confidence, knowing that God is listening and He hears you. Know that He has a perfect plan and that no matter what His answer is, it will all be worth it in the end!

I thought this song would fit in with today's post- click HERE to check it out : )



 Jesus

 Philippians 4:6

 Deuteronomy 3:16

 

Thanks for dropping by. Hope that you all are having a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Very well written! Sometimes I don't have very good patience for things.

    *Lindsay*
    www.storiesbylindsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much Lindsay! :) Glad you enjoyed the post!! haha...me neither!

      Delete
  2. Our topic at youth group last night was God is patient. This is a really great post Britt, one that I want to reads and reread. :) definetly going into bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's neat you had the topic at youth group last night!! : ) aww...thanks...haha :) glad you liked it!!

      Delete