AboutWho I AmShopContact

2.25.2013

Weekly Character Challenge {week 26}

So, it's time for another Weekly Character challenge. This week I was deciding what to do it on. And I decided to do it on confidence. I lack confidence in myself and I have to admit I lack confidence in God at times. I get unsure of myself and I become afraid of what will happen if I step out.


Lately I have felt less confidence in my appearance. When I feel this way it lowers my confidence level and I feel even worse about myself. To the world our appearance defines us- that is what makes it so important to look good. But to God, He looks at our heart and appreciates what is inside. Having a heart that is full of love and is Christ-centered is what defines us. We are only temporary here in this earth. I would much rather have a beautiful heart than a beautiful face. It is hard to think that way now, but I know in the long run that is what will truly count.

"Did I spend more time looking in the mirror or did I spend more time looking in my Bible?"

So anyways, don't let your appearance, mistakes or failings get you down. Realize that Someone out there died for just YOU and He is available for you all the time, no matter what is going on. Someone out there loves you far greater than you will ever comprehend. So don't feel unconfident in yourself. God has the confidence in you to overcome any obstacle. And rather than placing complete confidence in yourself, also place your confidence in God that He will do what is best.

***So, this week pray for confidence- be confident in who you are and what God is doing.***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Phillipans 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Hebrews 13:6
So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”

Proverbs 3:26
For the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared.

Deuteronomy 31:6
So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments: