AboutWho I AmShopContact

1.16.2016

The Hard Road

Do you ever feel like God has placed circumstances into your life and you wonder what you should make of them? You feel hurt in your heart and you feel torn between things you desire and what God is calling you to do. Sometimes the things of this world are so convincing and the way God wants us to go seems so difficult.

I have to admit, the road God has called me on often seems so impossible and exhausting, but God never said we would be alone. In this life we as Christians are not called to live an easy life, but one that is worthy of serving God and loving others. It's hard to do, but in the end it will be worth it. Temporary desires are fleeting and fame and fortune pass away, but living a life for God and following Him is everlasting.

Sometimes it is so hard to resist all the things this world tells us are okay to do. I look at Christians in the world today and I don't see how they are any different from the rest of the world. We are called to be different in the world since we have Jesus in us. Part of being a Christian is obeying God and giving Him control over our lives. It is giving up our earthly sinful desires and living how Jesus would. How can we be a good example and live a life like Christ if we are just like the rest of the world?

Sometimes I catch myself acting just like everyone else and giving myself excuses because of how I see others around me acting, but I have to remember I am called to be different. I shouldn't look to those around me as an example of how I should live my life, but I should look to God as my role model. This world is not my home. I am called to live a life that has purpose and I want to use my life to touch others for more than just impressing them or being admired or accepted.



God said that the road to heaven is narrow and few travel on it, but I want to be one of those few that seek God no matter what. When the road gets hard and everyone else seems to be turning around, I want to continue, even if I'm rejected and feel alone, because I know that no matter how I feel I know God is always by my side. He will help me through when I'm seeking Him and following His will, even when everyone else may be encouraging me to take the easy road.

Take a look at your life and analyze to see if you notice a difference in your life in comparison to the world. Look at how you act, the things you say, the things you do and how you treat others. What are your obsessions? What do you spend most of your time doing? Is your life revolved around work, popularity and possessions or do you use your time to draw closer to God throughout the tasks during your day and spend time with God? What is the main goal in your life? is it to appear the most successful? or is it to inspire and have a strong relationship with Christ? What do you talk about the most? is it complaining, gossiping, small talk or do you use your words to encourage, build-up or care for others? How do you treat others? do you think of yourself first and your needs, wants and desires? or do you listen and care about others? not just to those you love, but even to those who rub you the wrong way.

So take a look at your life. Focus on any areas you need to work on. Follow after God even when it's hard, because those are the times that really show how strong our faith is. Step it up and be a Christian who doesn't just follow the rest of the world, but stands out for God. Be different and don't give in to the things Satan deceives us into thinking are acceptable. Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean it is okay. Be one of those few that seek God even when the world is telling you to turn around when the going gets rough. Rest assured that you'll never be disappointed when you reach the end!

Matthew 7:13-14
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

I John 2:17
The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post. It's great to take a step back and really consider how we are living out our faith. This was a very encouraging post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Emily! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete