AboutWho I AmShopContact

12.17.2015

Inferior & Invisible

Sometimes I look at my life and I wonder what influence I have. I look at this flawed, imperfect person that I am and I wonder how God can use me. I see all my mistakes and flaws and sometimes feel disappointed in myself. I look to other people in my life and see perfection and wisdom. I see things I wish I had. I wish people could respect me and value my opinion like I see with those around me. Often I feel invisible to others and it is so easy to just hide my life and keep quiet when things hurt my esteem and confidence. Sometimes I feel so inferior and undervalued and I begin to view myself by how others view me or how I think others perceive me. I forget to look at God's view of me.

Maybe you feel inferior or undervalued. Maybe you wonder why you are always at the lowest position and you wonder if you will ever feel worthy enough? Maybe you wish you had enough wisdom for others to come to you or value your opinion?

Sometimes I forget why I'm here. It's not about being the best or having my name in lights. It's not about being well known or having the greatest new gadget. It's not about getting praise or approval. It's not about being the best or most popular. Life is so much more than that. It's about using your talents and abilities for God and helping others. It's about doing your best regardless of how others treat you or other people's opinion of your work. It's about showing love to others when maybe you don't feel any in return. It's about being an example of God to others, since you don't know when you might be their only example.



Often times God humbles us and uses those who feel unworthy, invisible or unqualified to do His greatest work. He loves to use those who are willing and ready to show God through their life instead of showing themselves and putting themselves first. Sometimes we get caught up in our wants and needs and we lose focus on what Jesus would do. We are often hurt and feel "used" and it is hard to show love and consideration when we feel taken advantage of and undervalued. Even though it seems like nobody may understand how you feel and the pain you are experiencing, know God sees your heart. He sees what you are feeling and understands. Maybe He is using this time of pain to humble you and draw you closer to Him. Sometimes we have to be humbled before God can work in our lives and use us for greater things.

Seek God with your heart and ask Him to work in your life. Put Him first and let everything else fall underneath. God sees your heart, knows what is hurting you and knows your intentions even when everyone else seems to take advantage or overlook you. In the end it will all be made right and nothing will be overlooked. When you feel down to nothing, rely on God and let Him be your strength. You don't need to be well known or successful in this world be be valued or successful in God's eyes. You are valued, loved, appreciated and important in God's eyes and that is all that matters.

Jeremiah 17:10
I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve

I Corinthians 1:28
God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment