AboutWho I AmShopContact

9.22.2015

Purpose

Do you ever wonder what your purpose is? What is the meaning of your life? Sometimes I question my worth and purpose. I wonder why I'm here and if I disappeared would anyone even notice? sometimes I feel like my life has always been invisible and it will always be that way. There have been points in my life that I have felt so low and unneeded that I wanted to quit and erase my life. I thought my life had no purpose, nobody seemed to value my existence and I could be replaced by someone better if I ceased to exist. The pain I had hurt so much I couldn't handle it much longer. I was so tired of not feeling good enough, not wanted, unworthy and invisible.

I still feel like this sometimes, but I have realized when I get so down in my life it's because I'm focused on myself. My focus is in the wrong place- me. I should be focused on something other than just myself. Life is way more important than being about me. I found when I got discouraged and down, what brought joy to my life was doing something for others, which resulted in bringing joy to my heart. Sometimes the things I did for others went unnoticed, but it brought me joy knowing I did the right thing and God saw it even if nobody appreciated it.


When I felt like my life had no purpose and I was feeling like my life was wasting away with time spent on menial things, I came to the realization that I wanted to do more with my life. This resulted in starting my blog. I thought writing would bring encouragement to others and could possibly help them with something they were struggling with. 

I have found through writing here on my blog it has blessed me hearing that others are encouraged with what I write, but it has also encouraged me being able to share my heart with others and be open in a way I can't express through spoken words. When I write on my blog it is almost like God is writing through my brokenness and can change the thoughts I'm thinking toward my circumstances. Often I start out writing a post feeling discouraged and God turns it around and teaches me things that encourage me and change my perspective.


So what helps you get out of bed each morning? 
What helps you overcome the deepest pain in your heart? 
What helps get you through your dark nights? 
What brings encouragement to your heart? 
What helps keep you going?

Sometimes we lose sight of why we continue to live our life. We could choose to end it, but why do we continue to live our lives when the struggling seems overbearing? I believe that God truly helps strengthen our hearts to help us keep going. He is the one that helps us get through and get back up again. He is the one that gives us hope and perseverance. There may be low points, some so low you think you'll never get back to where you used to be, but God will restore you. He will help you through. You may feel like your life is overlooked, unnoticed and forgotten, but God sees. He will never forget you or stop loving you. You are precious in His sight and you aren't viewed as less important than someone else.

Use your life for a long-lasting purpose that will live on after you die. Use your life for more than monetary pleasures, fame or popularity. Use your life to show love to those around you, use your talents to bless others and let your legacy be known for your zeal for God. If you ever doubt your purpose or value, remember God created us all with a unique purpose. Your life is one of a kind and nobody could ever replace what God has created you to do. Don't doubt your worth or value. God has created you for so much more than you could ever imagine. Trust Him and know that you are loved more than you could ever imagine. You are called to do so much with your life, seek God with it and ask Him to use your life for His will. Your life is touching so many and you truly don't realize just how much you mean to those around you. You are valued, loved, cherished and wanted. You have an amazing purpose!

I Peter 2:9-10
But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God’s instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you—from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted.

Isaiah 40:31
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
 

3 comments:

  1. I struggle with this so much! Thank you for sharing -- you are an encouragement. (And I love your new design, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Serena! I'm glad you like the new design :)

      Delete