AboutWho I AmShopContact

7.25.2015

When God Seems Silent

Have you ever felt lost? like you are stuck in the waves in the impact zone and you can't catch your breath. Everything feels like it's crashing in around you and nothing seems to be going right. You feel like your life is all churned up and nothing is secure?

Right now my life feels so unstable. Everything is a mess. I feel like I've been seeking God more recently and I feel like He is distant. I'm needing Him now more than ever with decisions I need to make and I just want to hear His voice in the way I should go.

It's hard when we are asking for God's will but we don't always know what His will actually is. It is difficult entrusting our lives in Him and knowing He will lead us when the time is right. Sometimes I wonder if I'm going the right way and doing His will. I become impatient in the silence and begin to question the direction I'm heading.

I think as long as we are seeking and praying for God's will to be done in our life, and for Him to lead us, that is all we can do sometimes, if we are unsure of our direction. Through these times of God's silence it really shows what we're made of and ultimately determines our character and faith. God uses the difficult things we face to draw us closer to Him. Sometimes we may grow weak in our faith and lose our grip, but God is always there to bring us back up again. It's never too late to get back up!



Sometimes God's presence can be revealed to us in the smallest ways, but when He does reveal Himself to us it is so amazing. Just little signs that He is there and though He may remain silent, He will always be by our side when the way seems dark and uncertain.

Trust God with where you are at in your life right now. It may seem uncertain and like everything is crashing down, but He will be there to give you strength and guidance. It may seem like He's quiet, but there will be an end to the struggle you are facing, don't lose hope. Give God your situations and ask for His will to be done with your life. The road may not be easy, which it hardly ever is, but in the end it will all be worth it.

James 1:2-4
 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Jeremiah 29:12-14
Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord,

No comments:

Post a Comment