AboutWho I AmShopContact

4.24.2015

Looking Back

Have you ever looked back over your life and wondered how you got to where you are? Do you look at your circumstances and see how they led to your current situations?

Sometimes I look back over my life and I see pain, regret, grief, loss and rejection, but I can see how through each circumstance it has molded me into the person I am today. My experiences may have caused me to feel flawed, but it's exactly who God intended me to be, and to Him, that is good enough. Sometimes when I look at myself I still see the little girl who I once was looking back at me. I see how I've changed, but in many ways I see how I'm still the same little girl. Often I wish I could go back in time to my childhood, when worries wouldn't keep me up at night. When I didn't have overwhelming responsibilities or burdens to carry. When what others thought of me didn't effect my view of myself.

I can look back over the 22 years of my life and see how greatly God has worked in my situations. He's worked in far greater ways than I thought were even possible. He's shown me that when I was afraid and questioned what He was doing He was using my circumstances to place more faith in Him. He always has provided for me just what I needed. Even though at times I've questioned what He was trying to do with my life, looking back, I can see there was purpose. At times it felt as though I was alone, but He reminded me that He was my strength and He was my support. And just when I felt like giving up, He reminded me of why I should keep going. He understood the deep pain I felt inside when nobody else could understand exactly what I was going through.



Maybe you are in a place in your life right now that you just can't seem to find good in your situations. You look to your past and you see pain and you find that same pain in your present. Even though you may be dealing with trials, know that through every step God has been with you. Sometimes we forget we aren't in it alone and He's working things out even when things seem the darkest. Through the pain, God is using something great to come out of it. Take a look back over your life and see how God has worked through your circumstances. Recall how He's shown His presence in your life, and allow that to give you strength in your present situations.

Don't lose hope in your current circumstances, remember the God you serve. The God you pray to is powerful and in control. Nothing He does is a mistake. You are not forgotten. Through every change and heartache that seems to break you, is helping to strengthen you to become the unique, amazing person God created you to be.

Philippians 4:19
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.



No comments:

Post a Comment