AboutWho I AmShopContact

3.26.2015

Being a Leader

Do you ever feel like it's hard to live for God in your daily circumstances? Sometimes it seems so easy to give into the world and follow the things everyone else thinks are okay. It's hard to stand up when you feel like the only one. It's hard to be a leader when everyone else seems to be following all the wrong things.

Often I get so carried away and I become one of those followers of the world. I get side-tracked and lose my focus. Sometimes this world gets a hold of me and I begin thinking certain things are okay to do just because others are doing them. It is then when I'm reminded that I shouldn't be basing my life on people who sin just like I do, but I should be setting God as my role model. He is the only thing that will never fail or sin. He is perfect and infallible. When I am focused on Him I know I can rest assured that His reputation will never be faulty or flawed. A song that I really enjoy from Hawk Nelson's new cd "Diamonds" really inspired me entitled "Sold Out." Actually it inspired me write this post and create the hand-lettering of the song lyric below.


Maybe now is the time to use your life and become a leader. Stand up for what is right and follow after God. Don't be another follower just walking aimlessly after everyone else. Look like a Christian in this world and stand out. Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean it's right. What God has written is still true, nothing has changed even though the world around us is constantly changing. It's hard to remain committed to living a strong Christian life when this world seems to be heading down a different path, but God tells us He will bless those who live a life for Him and remain obedient.

Today focus on becoming a leader and not a follower. Don't doubt what God can do, but instead, believe that God can use even your most hopeless situations for something great. If we are willing God can use us in great ways that we thought were never possible.

James 1:12
Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

Psalm 119:2
Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart

4 comments:

  1. I love your posts! Thanks for always giving a boost of encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) Glad I could be an encouragement!

      Delete
  2. This helped me a lot, thanks:) -Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do this all the time, "I begin thinking certain things are okay to do just because others are doing them." I justify my actions by comparing them to other people.
    Thank you for this lovely reminder to be focused on Christ and not following the world!

    ReplyDelete