AboutWho I AmShopContact

12.29.2014

In a Tough Spot

Have you ever had a decision to make that either way you looked at it there was an issue? Sometimes I feel like God brings along choices in my life and I truly don't know which way is best. There are good and bad things to each situation. It's hard knowing what is right to do. I often try to think what God would do in the situation, but often I find myself in the same place because sometimes I don't really know what He would do with the issue at hand.

This is when I go to God in prayer and ask Him to guide me and show me what I should do. Sometimes I grow weary in waiting, especially if it is something I have to decide with a short time limit. But I have to remind myself that God will work in His timing.

Sometimes I get so caught up in other people's expectations of what I should do and all I have to become. I worry about how others think of me. I don't want to disappoint others in my actions but I don't want to get hurt either. Even though risks are good to take, I know that some of the risks I have taken have left me broken and wounded when I was just trying to show love to people. It has left me apprehensive to take risks anymore and be kind to others. I know I shouldn't let a few negatives overtake my choices now, but it hurts still.

Maybe you have a choice to make this week. Maybe you have a big decision to make. Often decisions require time and diligence to decide. I encourage you if you have a decision to make, even if it's small, to go to God and ask for guidance. Seek His will and ask for Him to guide you. It is so encouraging to know that when you take that leap of faith, He will be right with you to be your secure stepping stone. It truly helps me feel more confident going on God's path even if I feel alone, rather than treading on my own path where everyone else may be headed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will

James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given to him.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Britt
    For the encouraging word, "Seek his will and ask him to guide you" are words to live by!
    We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose
    Romans 8:28
    I enjoyed reading your Blog and can see through your words your love for the Lord.

    Sergio from thewheelsofgrace.com
    Keep Rolling On!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very encouraging and very true. We should go to God for everything we do and never try to do anything on our own. Great post. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete