AboutWho I AmShopContact

11.02.2014

Edit, Undo

One of the best features of using a computer is the option to use the undo option. I have found it so useful in so many things- from writing emails to research papers. Sometimes I often take advantage of the option to undo something on the computer. I have found myself working on hands-on projects recently and I've been catching myself thinking I can edit, undo what I just did. I'm so silly sometimes. I think it's from being on the computer way too much doing homework, haha.

In life I wish I had an undo button sometimes. For things I say, actions I do, stupid mistakes I make. The list could go on. Sometimes I mess up big time and I feel regret and frustration. I wish I could go back and make things right. I wish I could reword or change my attitude. But I think if we had an undo button we wouldn't care about how we act as much. If we knew we could go back we wouldn't care how many mistakes we made. When I'm working projects on the computer, I know that I can always go back and undo an action so I'm not as fearful at taking a chance or messing something up. If we had that option in life we wouldn't care as much about the choices we make or how we do things.

Even though we don't have an undo button in everyday life, we do have forgiveness- it's better than an undo button. Forgiveness is more than taking a step back, it's being given something we don't deserve. It's like saying "even though you hurt me, I still love you and I'll forget what you did because you mean so much to me." God gives us forgiveness when we don't deserve it. There have been many times that I've gone to God seeking forgiveness when I feel like I don't deserve it. But it is so nice to know that God forgives us even when we can't seem to forgive ourselves.

So don't go through life using an undo option at life- taking chances and trying to take steps back. Seek God and ask for guidance. We all mess up and make mistakes, keep trusting in God and He will lead you. When you mess up or feel regret- go to God and seek forgiveness- He will be there with a heart wide open.

3 comments:

  1. For a long time now I've been following your blog. Yet, for some reason I have only ever read two posts. Its stupid, I'll see your blog in my feed and then I find myself feeling guilty for not reading it or connecting with God so I just skip past. Last night I lying in bed thinking how detached I felt from God at that moment. I hadn't read the bible in forever and whenever my dad mentioned God I didn't feel interested. So then I thought, 'I know! I'll read Britt's blog tomorrow morning'. Today when I scrolled through my bloglovin feed, your blog post appeared and I read it. Wow. I almost cried because you are just so freaking right! We don't have an undo button. But we do have forgiveness. I literally feel so inspired right now to re start my Christian blog as you have such an amazing faith. Maybe, sometimes soon, I'll be able to restore my own strong faith and feel obliged to write about it- like you do. You really are living your life for God and its so great. Thank you for reading my 16-year-old ramble :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie, what a blessing your comment was to me! thanks for letting me know how it touched you and for being real with me. I love hearing stories like this and it is such an encouragement to me. Thank you so much for opening up and commenting!!!

      Delete