AboutWho I AmShopContact

2.09.2014

Feeling Like Life is Pointless

How many times in my life have I allowed the present to overtake what truly matters? How many times have I focused on what I thought mattered most, when in reality everything I thought once mattered was pointless and will soon fade away. The things I once thought were the end of the world now seem so distant and silly. Trying to find the same perspective right now in my life. Trying to find the long-lasting meaning to my life with the circumstances I'm going through and not get carried away in the petty things that seem important now.

So many things steal my happiness, joy and time. How often I don't focus on God and fail to see His interaction in my life. Lately it seems like I have left Him out of my life as things haven't been as bad lately. But this is my reminder to seek God no matter what you may be going through. To keep a firm foundation in Him no matter if you are in a storm or in bright sunshine.

Life seems pointless and boring without God involved in my life. It is when I am doing things for God and others that I find true happiness and joy. I find pleasure in life and satisfied in the life God has given me. It reminds me of my purpose and meaning. Lately I feel like I have not been reaching my full potential and just have been trying to "get by."

This week make an initiative to step out and do something amazing for someone. You'll find that when you do, it will make you feel better as well. Think of others this week and get your focus off yourself. Sometimes we are so focused on ourselves that we fail to see the needs of others and we begin to feel sorry for our troubles and needs. When we look to other's needs we see just how blessed we are and we get sidetracked of our own problems. And helping others never gets overlooked cause someone is always watching!

Philippians 2:4
Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment