AboutWho I AmShopContact

1.08.2014

Hope for the Future

Sometimes I wonder what God is doing. I wonder why things happen the way they do. I wonder why certain people whom I could care less about are brought into my life endlessly and the ones I love so much are shoved out of my life.

Right now has been tough trying to find the good in things that have been happening. Trying to find a hope for the future seems foggy and distant. Looking forward through a year of darkened hope to next year seems everlasting and treacherous. College life has been hard and knowing I go back in a few short days has been heartbreaking beyond belief. I keep trying to find the good in going back but just can't seem to. I try to keep reminding myself that God has a plan and purpose but it's gotten so hard having faith.

Looking back at my life has shown me all that God has brought me through. Things I could have never done without His help and guidance. Now looking towards the future with regret and remorse I can feel a little more peaceful knowing that God will be with me in the days to come too.

.
God has so many plans for our life that we overlook quite often. We often become so caught up in the past or future that we can't enjoy the present and see all that God is doing for us. When life gets too hard to live just take it day by day or hour by hour. We don't have to do everything on our own, God never expects us to. When we put our lives in His hands, ask for His help and say "I trust that You will do what is best" we will finally see things from His point of view. Lately I've been having trouble seeing things from God's perspective. I've been so caught up on myself that I haven't been focused on the many problems and struggles of others.

Don't ever think that your life is not worth anything. You are impacting others much more than you realize. A smile to a depressed person could allow them to change their outlook on life or second-guessing to end their life. You never know what your life is doing towards others. Even though people don't say much you have a greater impact upon them than you will ever know. Sometimes I get creeped out by how much others look at my life!

I will leave you with a few verses I read in my devotions:

2 Thessalonians 3:3,5
But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.

2 Thessalonians 3:16
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post Britt! I really needed to hear this.

    <3 Maria

    P.S. Sorry I haven't been commenting much. I've been so busy lately. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria for your comment, glad you could use the post!!

      Delete