AboutWho I AmShopContact

11.06.2013

Wait for the Lord

Have you ever had something occur in your life that was put on hold? Something that you wanted but instead God closed the door or told you "not yet." I have such a hard time with learning to accept God's plan for my life and move on.

so perfect.
Last week I had an interview for a job opening to do some design work with the college newspaper here on campus- it sounded like a perfect job and I left the interview feeling hopeful. It would give me money coming in and also would take up some time over the long weekends that I wasted sitting in my dorm on my laptop. I prayed and prayed, being so hopeful and asking God to do His will. Days went by, no news. Then I got THE long awaited email- "we're sorry, but we found someone better-suited for the position." My heart sank-So many good things would have come out of it, but I guess God had different plans.

Maybe you are in the same position in your own life. Maybe you have gone through something recently where God is telling you to wait. Wait for something better. Wait because He has bigger plans for your life. Wait because He wants to protect you. It is hard learning to accept the fact that God is telling you to hold on, but know that your waiting isn't overlooked. God is using this waiting period in your life to better grow you and shape you into the person He made you to be.

Sometimes we are overwhelmed with things we are waiting for- people to email back, school to be over, hoping someone will text you back, the weekend to arrive, God to answer your prayer, for you to meet your future spouse....so many things we rely on God to help us overcome. When we wait, I feel like it is one of those times that we practice the greatest trust in God. We are trusting Him to help us through and let us preservere when we don't know what the future holds.

So today wait on God. Don't worry, get anxious, wonder and complain- wait on God and trust that He will fulfill His plan. Pray for God's will to be done and not just your own. Ask for doors to be opened and others to be closed. Seek Him with your whole heart and remain confident that He WILL get you through. He WILL allow the things to occur that are best for you and close others that will hurt you. Keep trusting knowing that God's doing it for your best!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wait for the Lord, 
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27:14

6 comments:

  1. I love that Bible verse...it has been a part of my life in so many situations. It's not easy at all to just wait on God, especially waiting and then finding out God's plans are different from ours! Waiting can be exhausting and it's sometimes easier to lose hope all together. But God DOES have a plan for each of us. What it is and when it will be revealed is a mystery, but I know God won't let our prayers go unanswered. His plan/timing may be different from ours, but I know that His is the greatest plan for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jessica, thanks so much for your comment!! It encouraged me and helped lighten my heart after a hard day! Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. Your blog is like a breath of fresh air. I feel like I have gotten so negative lately, it shows in my blog. But I am beginning to see the light again and I expect to slowly move away from the melancholy theme of my posts. Reading this post inspired me to look more on the bright side. Thank you so much for being a blessing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene, glad that this could have encouraged you some!! Thanks for your comment!!

      Delete
  3. Your blog is always an encouragement when I read it. Thank you so much for writing what you feel in your heart, even though it may be difficult to write about. Praying for you always, that the Lord will shine through you, and be with you through your hardships.
    Kelsi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thanks Kelsi!! Sure, it is truly an enjoyment to write from my heart since I don't often do it in everyday life..haha. Thanks Kelsi, you are such an encouragement. Thanks for being such an awesome friend!!! Your words always touch my heart!

      Delete