AboutWho I AmShopContact

8.12.2013

Holding Nothing Back

Lately life has been like a roller coaster ride. Emotions are so difficult to describe and change every day I don't even know how to describe it. I find myself excited for the future and where God will use me and take me, but then remember how much change lies ahead and I begin to fear the future once again.

Have you ever just wanted to trust God with everything in your life since it is all out of your hands, but you still can't stop worrying about it? I feel like things to worry about just keep rising up and are overtaking my heart. The list keeps going and going. Just when I begin to feel confident and trust God I am brought down again of past things that have happened and I remember the small person I am- I am just a girl who is insecure in herself, who doesn't have hardly any friends, who gets overlooked, who is an introvert....usually the only place I feel like I can be myself is at home with my family...how can I ever succeed and grow where God puts me when everything that makes me feel comfortable is taken away?

I feel like I am trying my best to trust in God with my life, but still holding onto the doubt that even though God's way is perfect it doesn't mean easy. God has different plans than what I want. Just because I trust in God and He will do His will for my life doesn't mean things will turn out perfectly. Doing God's will is not easy. God's will doesn't make sense. God's will is a rough road...but when it is fully accomplished and finished I will be purified, fulfilled and know that I followed God through till the end!

If you are afraid and losing hope in God remember that God will shelter you. Let go of your worries, fears and heartaches and leave them in His hands- He will work through them all. He'll give you the strength to overcome your insecurities and fears. One day we will see His face and be glad that we trusted in Him even when things were hard. One song I found the other day that truly inspired me was this song it truly seemed like it was describing what I've been going through lately- I hope it could encourage you as well!

I have a feeling when I reach heaven, the things I thought were worth worrying about will truly be miniscule things compared to seeing God and the whole picture. Keep your eyes focused on eternity and what truly matters and you'll see that everything else will slowly fade with it's importance. Hold nothing back from God- open your heart and He will help you through!

Philippians 4: 6-7, 12-13

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds. 

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength.


No comments:

Post a Comment