AboutWho I AmShopContact

7.16.2013

Facing the Waves of Life

Day after day new struggles come my way. Trying to look at the good in the circumstances I'm in. Trying to understand God's plan. Feeling at a loss of what to do. Looking for God to take control and show me to do.


Life is like surfing- trying to tackle wave after wave coming our way. Just when we get through one wave we are faced with another to overcome. We can either let the wave take us in with it or we can ride over it with strength. Wave after wave we grow tired and are often tossed and turned with the surf. But when we reach the calm we will see perspective and see the horizon. We will see our purpose and understand all that has happened.

Currently there are some struggles that have come my way and I've had to keep my focus on God to show me what He wants from me and where He wants me to go. Sometimes praying about things is all we can do. Asking for God to help take control of our lives and do His will. Trust is something I have the hardest time with. Giving complete trust with my life over to God is one of the toughest things I have to deal with- especially when it is a whole bunch of things at once.

If you feel like you are caught between the waves of life or are trying to overcome the "surf" of life- look to God and ask for His strength to help you overcome the waves in your life. Take a few moments to read your Bible, listen to some Christian songs or pray. I often feel like when I'm feeling stressed and overwhelmed, going up to my room to pray and talk to God often helps ease my mind.

I thought I'd share a Bible verse with all of you to help encourage you...



Be strong and courageous and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.

I Chronicles 28:20

No comments:

Post a Comment