AboutWho I AmShopContact

5.15.2013

Keeping A Clean Mindest in a Sinful World

I had this post as a draft for some time now, but I finally am posting it- hopefully you will find encouragement from it! For a while I was holding something in my heart that I knew deep inside was wrong, but I just couldn't let it go. I didn't know just how much some of the sins in my life had taken up my time with God until I stopped doing them. I still feel the constant urge to bring those sins back into my life and I think this has been the hardest thing to remove out of my life, and I truly need God's help to get rid of those bad thoughts.

But we all have a choice to make in our own lives. We have to give up everything and give it to God. When we do we can live a better and more joyful life with God. But getting certain thoughts out of our head is so so very hard- it is a constant battle to keep good thoughts there and remaining true to God and removing the bad thoughts. Sometimes how I determine whether my thoughts are good or bad is by basing myself on this thought- "Would I be ashamed of the thoughts I'm thinking if they were projected up on a screen in front of everyone I know?"  I know recently I have been influenced with curse words and other thoughts from the community college I attend and just hearing all the filth of the people truly tests my Christian walk and keeping my mind pure. Even though some of us may do bad things and sinful things we regret later in life, we all have the choice to start anew- it is never too late to get back up again (check this song out about second chances). Sometimes the hardest part is forgiving ourselves and forgetting the past (check this song out about forgiving yourself).

So this is my reminder to all of you- remember to keep your mind clean and ask God to help you clean your life from your sins. And don't forget to ask God for help in the areas you are having trouble. Give it all to Him and He will help you overcome your struggles and thoughts! If the road gets hard don't worry- it is part of progression, just keep going and ask God for help. You will soon be out of the trial and when you look back on your life you will be glad you gave your "everything" to God!

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! I know how you feel, it is hard to keep your thoughts clean in such a nasty world! We are pressured by SO many things. Thanks for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! :) yeah-I totally agree! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Amen! I think for me, the most difficult thing at times has been forgiving myself. God has been doing a lot of work on me in this regard. He is such a patient and loving counselor. Thank you for being so honest and letting the Lord use you to encourage others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sincerity!! yeah, me too- I have so much trouble forgiving myself for the wrongs I have done. Aww...well it is my pleasure to be honest! :) I'm glad I can encourage others!!

      Delete
  3. Britt, thank you for posting this. So many people need the hear this!! I heartily agree with everything that you said.

    xo Leslie Violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Leslie!! I'm glad it could help others :) Thanks for your comment and I'm glad you agree :)

      Delete
  4. Hey there!
    You're always leaving me kind comments on my blog, so I decided I'd stop by and say thank you for being a fan and reader...and thank you for having my link up on your sidebar!:)

    Have a blessed weekend!
    ~Raquel
    'God's Daughter'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...well thanks for leaving one on mine!! I really enjoy your blog a lot :) Thank you for your comment and for dropping by!!! Have a great weekend too!

      Delete