AboutWho I AmShopContact

10.02.2012

I'm Thankful For the Broken Relationships

Have you ever had a time in your life where you wanted to tell someone exactly how you feel about them or about a circumstance, but you are too afraid? So many times in my own life I've been to afraid to do things and have not told people just how much I care for them and love them. And then something happens and it is too late to say what I wanted to. It is hard looking at the past filled with regret of things I wished I had done or "spoken up" about.
Tumblr_m2t3m2gssa1rsp8geo1_500_large
It is hard looking at the past and feeling regrets for what we have done or maybe even things we have done that have been the wrong choices. For me, some of my regrets are not being able to tell others how I really feel and keeping my emotions and feelings tucked away deep inside of me so nobody would know how I felt about them. I also feel the regret about not standing up for myself against those who were so hurtful with their words and letting them walk all over me and pushing me around. The things that people do to us and the way they make us feel I truly believe really does determine and make us who we are today. I know the people I have met in my past through high school and elementary school really shaped me into the person today. Even though it wasn't pleasant going through all the pain, ostracism, betrayal, rejection, and ridicule that others have shown, it did really, in fact, help me and mold me into the person I am right now in my life. I actually should thank those who influenced me (those who were kind and those who were in fact mean) and know that they helped me through life.

To this day I still hold many of those times where I have felt mistreated and wronged and I hold them in my heart and I can't seem to forgive those people who have done those hurtful things to me. But, when I think about it- if a mighty and holy God is willing to forgive them, shouldn't I? Christ went through so much torment and hardship for those who have hurt us badly,  and He still can forgive them. So, I should be able to too! And when I think I've gone through enough torment- I then think about an innocent Man who didn't sin at all or do any wrongs against anyone- and was tortured and punished beyond all belief! It is so sad to think that I can't find forgiveness in my heart, and God can find forgiveness in His heart to forgives us. How terrible it is of me to look at myself as better than someone else and think I am a better person when I, in fact, commit sins everyday and I am in just as much need of forgiveness from God as those whom I can't forgive.

Tumblr_maviavscun1ryfaiuo1_500_large
But, it is times in our life when we feel the most down about ourselves and feel the most rejected in our life that God truly does bring people into our life that helps encourage us and makes us feel confident in ourselves and loved again. I truly have felt this way these past few months in my own life. I owe it all to those wonderful friends who have helped me keep going. And I do owe my thanks to all of you who follow my blog and leave encouraging comments as well. And thank you to the friends that I know in my "real" life too who are always there supporting me and loving me no matter what- that totally means so very much. I appreciate all the wonderful friendships I've made through blogging and yes, even the hard relationships as well that have shaped me into the person I'm today!

And lastly I want to thank God for always being there for me and loving me NO MATTER WHAT! Thank you God for being my friend and for always understanding my every need and listening to my aching heart day after day. I couldn't have done it without You, God!!

Well, that's all for today. Feel free to share maybe something that you have went through in your past that was hard or maybe something you regret? Thanks for dropping by and for reading my post!! : )

8 comments:

  1. such a great post...as always. You are soo wise to be so young :) I think the Lord has such great plans for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kasey for your comment!! You are so kind!! : ) thanks for the encouraging words!!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for posting this Britt. It really encouraged me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that this could encourage you Jess. Thanks so much for your comment!!

      Delete
  3. Great, wise words! May God continue to shape your life and use you to encourage others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Craig for your kind words and encouragement!! : ) Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and leaving me a comment!!!

      Delete
  4. Again, this was so encouraging Britt!! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks so much Katherine, I'm so glad you were encouraged by it!!!

      Delete