AboutWho I AmShopContact

10.31.2012

Bible Study {week 4}

So this week's Bible study I have decided to do on Worthlessness. I really felt led to do this because of circumstances that I have felt in my own life. I thought all of you might be encouraged by it as well.

TEXT HERE

Rules/Info for the linkup:
1. Attach button in your post (or link back to my blog)
2. Answer the questions (if you don't want to answer all of them that is fine- you can just pick a few that stand out to you!)
3. Feel free to write anything that you learned or thought was neat
4. Please link your post up with your answers to the questions
5. Please post these rules on your blog post

So, here we go....


I thought I would write down some verses and thoughts I found and came up with that applied to these subjects......

Isaiah 53:3- Jesus was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces, He was despised, and we esteemed Him not. 
***this really was impacting. Jesus was rejected by others and He knows how we feel. He understands this because He was rejected by many and went through much suffering for all of us.

I Peter 2:4- You are rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to Him.
***this was so encouraging. Many times in my life I have felt rejected by others and left feeling unqualified and empty inside. This made me see that God chose YOU and even though you are rejected by all those around you God still chooses to accept you and YOU are precious to Him. To think that the God of the universe and the one who created you thinks you are beautiful and created just exactly how He wanted you to be. Such wonderful thoughts!!!

Galatians 6:7-  Do not be decieved: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature will reap destruction, but the one who sows to please the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not be weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap harvest if we do not give up. 
***now, you might be wondering why I included this in here, but I really liked this verse because so many of us have been treated wrongly and we wonder how they can get away with it. Things seem unfair and people are often treated unfairly in life by circumstances and people. But this verse reassures us that God will reward us for all that we have done and He is a fair God. He will not let others who hurt us so bad be relieved and let them get away with things. And please don't let what others have done to you hinder you from doing good in return to them and others. Even when others hurt us and really make us feel worthless, don't let them hinder you from thinking to do things in return for them. I know it can be so hard to do kind things for those who have hurt you so bad, but don't let others ruin your life and attitude for God.

Romans 5:6-8- You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die, but God demonstrates His own love for us in this that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.
***I decided to add this verse because while we think many don't care for us or aren't even concerned with who we are, God cares for us. To think that a perfect and righteous Man who came to earth just to live in a sinful world and suffer for You chose to die and take all your sins on Him when you didn't even care about Him is just amazing and so reassuring. So many times I want someone to do something kind and special just for me, but I often forget that a perfect and holy Man did something so amazing for me, and even though I wasn't there for it does not mean that it was any less amazing or special. 

Okay, so there that is. Now, here are some questions that I came up with that I thought you all could answer if you'd like:
1.Have you ever felt worthless, rejected,overlooked, unloved, rejected before? if so, feel free to explain why.
2. What does Psalms 9:9 talk about?
3. What does I Corinthians 1:28 have to say about the insignificant people?
4. Do you have any verses that you have felt have helped you when you have faced any of these subjects in your life? do you know of any encouraging verses that relate to these subjects?
5. Have you found a way to overcome these feelings of rejection, worthlessness.....? if so, what has helped you get rid of these feelings in your life?
6. Why do you think these feelings of rejection, worthlessness, rejection or feeling unloved hurts so much?  
7.  What is encouraging about Ezekiel 21:26? 
8.  Why do you think it is that we constantly long to feel loved and accepted by others here on earth when we have a God who loves us so much and have been accepted by Him already? Is it because we feel like God isn't important or "real" in this life? 

Okay, well that is all for now. :  ) hope that you enjoyed it. Feel free to link up below with your answers or thoughts on this subject!

No comments:

Post a Comment