AboutWho I AmShopContact

3.10.2016

Overlooking Your Failures


Have you ever had a bad day that nothing seems to go right and your mistakes seem to be growing higher than your achievements? Sometimes life can get discouraging when we feel like such a failure. We look at what people expect of us and we feel so far from perfection. We feel flawed and incapable of being trusted when we make mistakes or fail at something.

How often my view gets shifted. I look at all my failures and shortcomings. I see my imperfections and ways I didn't succeed or meet expectations. While it is good to learn from our failures and mistakes, we also shouldn't beat ourselves up over things that we have done. How often I look at my mistakes and fail to remember that God knows the effort that I put into the situation. He sees my dedication and hard work. Even though I make mistakes or things don't work out, God still sees a willing heart that works for Him and nothing goes unnoticed.



It's easy to get discouraged over the criticism of our work. We don't feel like we meet up to everyone else's "perfection" and we begin beating ourselves up when we make a mistake. We see others act like they have it "all-together" and we try to meet up to their excellence. It's impossible to be perfect - To meet everyone's expectations and be 100% accurate all the time. It's just not humanly possible. We are imperfect. We make mistakes and we fail. We can't make everyone happy.

It's nice to know that God will never make a mistake. He always knows what He's doing and He will never fail. He will never fail us or let us down. His love never fails. His plans never fail and He never makes a mistake in His will for our lives. It's encouraging that He's one thing that we can rely on in this life that will never fail us. He will never make a mistake or go back on His Word.

Sometimes we look at our lives and see all our mistakes, flaws and shortcomings. We forget to realize how many things we are good at and grow consumed with how we don't meet up to the world's expectations. We could be "failing" in the world's "eyes," but God may look at us and see someone who works hard, loves others, has a good attitude and is willing to work. The world can make us feel like we are a failure and just a big mistake, but in God's eyes He sees a willing servant and one who has so much potential. He can use us even with all our mess and mistakes.

Sometimes God can use our mistakes and failures to show His strength greater than we could if we relied on our own abilities. Often I have found that my mistakes and failures remind me that I cannot do things on my own strength, but I constantly need God's help and strength to help me overcome my tasks throughout the day.

So the next time you have a day you feel like such a failure or you grow weary in all your mistakes, remember that God sees your effort. As long as you are working the best you can and trying your best, that's all you can do. We all make mistakes and fail at times, it's a part of life. Don't get discouraged when you fail, but learn from it. Take what you've experienced and apply it for next time. Grow from your experiences and know that God still loves you and accepts you no matter how many times you fail or how many mistakes you make. Work hard at what you do, put in the effort, try your best, and when mistakes happen, remember that God still loves you and He sees your effort. He looks at your attitude, dedication, work ethic and not just the end result!

Hebrews 10:35-36
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.

I Samuel 16:7

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment