AboutWho I AmShopContact

6.16.2015

When Life's a Windy Road

Have you ever felt lost? Like you didn't know which direction you were headed and where you should be going? It's like you're driving in the dark on a windy road; you don't know where the road is leading you and all you can see is a few feet in front of you?

Life can sometimes feel dark and windy. We don't know where it's taking us and what turns we should be taking. I often wonder if I'm making wise decisions and following the path God has for me. So many times I get caught up in things I'm wanting and not seeking God for His will to be done.

Lately I feel like my mind has been so off-focused. I feel like my mind has been stressed and spinning from the many things that have been stealing my attention. It's hard to remain focused on why we are here and what our purpose is in this life. It's not to be the richest, most successful or famous person. So many times I compare my life to others and get discouraged. I have to remind myself that one day all the temporary pleasures and gratifications of this life will disappear.


I get so caught up in pleasing other people and trying to push myself to meet up to everyone's expectations that I lose focus on who it's all about and God's view of me is all that truly matters. Recently I have been growing weary of pushing out of my comfort zone and letting God take control. There have been many things recently that I've done that were things I never thought I could do, some of those things I could have done better, but God helped me through them and showed me that I could overcome my fears. I couldn't have done it without Him. The smallest and stupidest of things that others would view as insignificant God has used to show me that He will always be there to help me when I lean on Him.

Even though the things I have gone through in my life have sometimes made me feel like God has let me down, I know that in the end He will prove me wrong and it is for my best. Things may not go how I planned, but as long as I'm trusting in Him I know that no matter what happens is in His perfect will.

Maybe you feel like you are at a dark place in your life? Like you've reached a split in the road and you don't know which way is right? Maybe you feel like you've been trying so hard and all you get is rejection and discouragement. It is in these times of life that I have learned to lean on God and seek Him with whatever I'm facing. Go to Him with your heartaches and ask Him to lead you. It may not be immediate, but remain steadfast in trusting He will work and show you the direction you should go.

Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment