AboutWho I AmShopContact

2.03.2015

God is Near

Sometimes it feels like my problems and worries are unseen and they just my burden to carry. It's so easy to get stressed and uptight about things we don't understand or things we question. We take things into our own hands and weigh ourselves down with all the worries.

But we're not in it alone. Colossians 4:5-6 says: 
"Let your gentleness be evident to all. 
The Lord is near. 
Do not be anxious about anything, 
but in everything by prayer and petition, 
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

 I really like the line- "the Lord is near." He is with you! You don't have to carry all those hurts, fears, worries or doubts by yourself. Give them to God to carry.



Sometimes it feels like God is so far away. I can't feel Him near to me and I feel so alone sometimes. But God is always near to us, we just have to keep seeking Him. Maybe if we instantly felt God near to us everytime we asked Him to draw near we wouldn't appreciate His closeness as much or our trust wouldn't be as strong. Often I realize just how weak and incapable I am of so many things when I don't rely on God. I fall short and see how helpless I am. But when I fall I realize just how much He has been there for me. When I feel alone and far from Him I realize how much I take forgranted feeling close to Him. I go to Him and long for Him even more after I've drifted away.

Maybe you feel like you've got too many worries and problems to bear. There are big decisions and choices that lie ahead and you don't want to make a wrong move. Go to God and seek Him. It may feel like your requests are forgotten or overlooked, but in time (the perfect time) they will be answered! And above all else, God is near to you. He is with you. You may feel alone, but He's sitting right next to you assuring you that it will be okay if you keep trusting in Him. Sometimes we feel worried and stressed because we don't know what to do- but if we keep going to God about it sometimes all we can do is wait for His answer.

God is near to you- He knows your every need and will provide each one accordingly. He knows what you can handle and what you can't. He sees every hurt. Every hard night. Every difficult decision. Every pain. Nothing goes unnoticed. He sees the effort and knows the cost. Don't be worried when you go to God with requests; just remember, He is beside you- He is for you! And He will do what is for your best. Give Him your worries, needs, heartaches and fears. Nobody else can take better care of them than Him!

3 comments:

  1. This was the word I needed today. Thank you, Britt...you are inspiring and God has really given you a gift with words and inspiring others. You've certainly inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of this one song I heard attending this Christian Youth Conference last year:

    "Lord I need you
    oh I need you.
    Every hour I need you.
    My one defense, my righteousness,
    Oh Lord how I need you." :)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete