AboutWho I AmShopContact

3.20.2013

Would I Be The Same Me? {poem}


As I look out my window into the deep dark night
I wonder what my life would have been like.
What if God didn't allow certain events to happen in my life?
What if things were changed, would I be the same?
Would I have come to know God and love Him like I do?
Or would I have grown up without knowing the truth?
Would I be the same person I am today 
If my circumstances were different than what I prayed?
Would I be the same without those mean friends?
Would I still be myself in the end?
I truly can't say since I don't know 
But I truly think those things (positive and negative) do help us grow
And if we changed one of our circumstances we might change ourselves
Because your friendships, circumstances, mistakes and tragedies make up yourself.
We all are the things we have gone through
And you are here today to be the proof that you got through!
Maybe you achieved a task or went through something hard
Maybe something someone did to you left you scarred.
But don't look at it negatively, God uses those scars to teach us 
Our circumstances show that we don't have to hold on to the past, but we can progress
Learn from your past, but don't live in it
Because when you live there it will teach you nothing but what you could have done to change it.  
God allowed you to experience those circumstaces  to teach you something amazing.
Nobody else has experienced what you have,
 Nobody can fully understand how things impacted you, but God has.
He knows every feeling and emotion since He created them.
He knows what you went through and He is your eternal Friend, so remember you can always go to Him.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment Sierra, yeah, I'm not sure if I want to know where I would be without the people and circumstances in my life. Great comment and thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is very much what i have been thinking about lately, with me getting ready for college this fall... Thanks so much for this reminder that God will always keep me... me:)
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Eli! :) Thanks for your comment!!

      Delete